Breaking ground for the new Dante Club 1967

Title

Breaking ground for the new Dante Club 1967

Subject

Included in the photo Fr. Calandra, Mayor Paul Blundy, Miss Dante, Antonia Di Cocco in Ambrose, Maria Dottori, President of Dante Club Michele Bernardo and other members of the community in attendance at ground breaking ceremony for the Dante Club building.

Description

The Dante Club Hall, built in 1967, is the physical presence of the Italian-Canadian community in Sarnia. The hall was built as a home for the Italians to socialize, celebrate and share their culture. Although the founding of the Dante Club, as an organization, can be traced to 1952, it was officially incorporated in 1961.

Source

The photograph was published in 1967 by the Sarnia Observer, and was part of a physical pictorial exhibit realized by the Italo-Canadian Cultural Club of Sarnia-Lambton in 1989. The collection was expanded for the publication of "One by One...Passo dopo passo... History of the Italian Community in Sarnia-Lambton" in 1991.

Date

1967

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Files

Photo Binder161 (1).jpg

Citation

“Breaking ground for the new Dante Club 1967 ,” Italians In Lambton, accessed July 5, 2022, http://italiansinlambton.ca/items/show/551.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Social Bookmarking